The fundamental question that haunts many is "How can I understand if my tweets are reaching the right people and have an influence on them?"
Here are 3 solid indicators if a tweet is effective:
- Has it been re-tweeted? This is a great indicator of other twitter users finding your post useful, interesting and worthy of sharing with others.
- Have the links embedded in my tweet been clicked? This is another measurement of a real interest in your posts.
- Have people taken action? Have they purchased from your store or perhaps voted in your poll, left a comment on your blog, or any other activity was performed as a result of your post.
Tracking your tweets to find out how they fare up according to the above indicators is easy. Think of each tweet as a mini-marketing campaign.
Follow these steps to track impact:
- Create and publish your tweet using the nTuitive.social campaign manager. Not only will this help you put together more thought out tweet, but you will also be provided with tracking and performance evaluation of each individual post:
- You have an option to setup a conversion script on your website (i.e. on your checkout page)
- Once you've set up your campaign you will be able to track the responses and conversions generated by your post:
- Further track your tweet performance by viewing activity timeline (i.e. re-tweets and mentions from Twitter dashboard)
- Perform further drill down of your post by clicking on any of the relevant tabs (as per above screen shot) to find out details of re-tweets and mentions. Below sample shows results when Mentions tab is clicked on: